Thursday, July 3, 2014

Santander Para Siempre

Hola todos!

Well, unfortunately, my last day in Santander was on Tuesday. It was a super fantastic day because we got ice cream and had a really nice farewell dinner and went out on the town afterwards because we still just hadn't had enough of each other yet. Our farewell dinner was at this super chic place called Deluz and it's actually an old house turned into a restaurant and it was really cool! We all got dressed up for it and ate fancy foods while watching the USA (so disappointing and heartbreaking) soccer game. Some pretty cool people made a list of superlatives for every person to get one and it was just a lot of fun laughing with all of my new friends I've made here in Santander. We also hung out with our new Oregon friends one last time which is super awesome because we never would have met each other had it not been for us being half way across the world together!

I slept for maybe 2.5 hours that night and then my host mom had to come in and wake me up so I wouldn't miss the train. I got all ready and then she and Ana took me to the train station and we had to say bye. I didn't really know what else to say other than "Thank you so much for everything" and smile and hold back tears while they said goodbye. When I get back home I'll write a blog post about all my feelings and everything I learned/gained on this trip!

The train got to Madrid at about 230 and then it took me close to an hour to walk 0.8 miles to our hotel due to the insane amount of stuff I have with me lol. It sure was a sight to see me lugging around 70 pounds of stuff and stopping to catch my breath several times. Upon arriving, I was greeted by air conditioning (!!!!!) and the two older Schutte sisters (aka my roommate's sisters). I took a shower and went and got a snack and then found them walking so we took a nap in this gorgeous park across the street from us. Normally I would post pictures, but I only have this wifi working for a short time before we head out. Rachel showed up and after a while more of relaxing we headed out to explore the city by night and have dinner and then walked home in the rain and cold winds. I'm sure they weren't too happy about it because they had been traveling all day, but I was laughing at the whole situation. Add it to the list of memories to keep forever.

Anyways, we are continuing our Madrid adventure and heading out to Barcelona tonight for a few days and then Pamplona for San Fermin/running of the bulls and then back to Madrid before flying home. I won't be taking my laptop with me because it's heavy and we won't really have that much time to blog anyways. So a huge thank you to everyone who cared about my life here in Spain and for staying updated. I'll post maybe one more time the night before I leave (Tuesday) and then I'll do a major recap post when I'm back in the United States (:( I never want to leave EspaƱa).

Hasta Luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment