Monday, May 26, 2014

CHURROS

Well, I had my first day of school day. Got up with enough time, had my two pieces of toast with butter and jam (I think this may be a regular) my two cups of coffee (also a regular) **disclaimer- the coffee here I think is straight up espresso so by the time I get home, the coffee in the States will have no more effect on me. Ay.** Anyways, my fellow walking buddies were running a little late, but we thought we would be fine due to the fact our host moms all told us "Oh you only need about 15-20 minutes to walk to school." Not true. It was also way warmer than predicted so when we realized the time, we booked it to our rooms (one of my walking buddies and myself went to the wrong room first) so by the time we made it to class it was almost 10 minutes after start time. To recap: I was late to my first class of the summer and I forgot to put on deodorant this morning so you know just another day in the life of me.

To get it out of the way, I'll answer the question of how my classes are. No matter where in the world you are, summer school is summer school. I have never done summer school before so this is a small struggle already because it's summer in Spain and I would much rather be outside somewhere. Needless to say, I am excited for the material covered in the classes because I'm a nerd like that.

By the time we made the trek back home, I was hungry beyond belief. Breakfast at 830 and lunch at 230 is rough. Today I had a huge plate of spaghetti with meat and then some pineapple for lunch and it was delicious. I meant to take a nap, but I read instead then worked on homework, and started buying plane tickets for my weekend excursions! Before I knew it, I was off to probably my favorite thing so far: churros.

I mean just look at it

We met as a group in the city center with Paula and Gabriel and went to a Chocolatería and had churros and chocolate. You may be used to churros at Six Flags, but these were fresh and you poured the sugar on them yourself. And also, they dip them in freshly melted chocolate here so take your pick.

pure joy 

I really should have taken a nap today because while stuffing my face with doughy, sugary, chocolately goodness, my friends at the table made me laugh until I was crying and couldn't stop. So yeah. Churro adventure was a success.

When I got home, my host mom didn't understand when I said that the churros "fueron muy deliciosos." She thought I said graciosos (which means funny) and we were both really confused for a minute until Ana came to our rescue. Another good laugh occurred. We ate dinner and I'm still not sure what it was. Appearance of a tiny hot pocket, taste of a creamy fish stick. Then I watched TV with the Ana's and oh wow. Funniest talk show of my life. All three of us were laughing at the things the hosts were making the two Spanish actors do, and then the show that the two star in came on after so naturally we stayed up until 12:30 am to watch the season finale. ¡Que interesante! 

Spanish word of the day: CHURRO=doughy, sugary, chocolately goodness 
Hasta luego! 

No comments:

Post a Comment