Monday, June 16, 2014

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN

Tonight was one of those nights I'll remember for the rest of my life. This trip in general I will too, but there are certain moments I know I'll keep with me for a lifetime. For instance, watching the USA World Cup first matchup of 2014 against Ghana while in a bar in Santander, Spain with 20 other UT students cheering our team onto victory at 2 in the morning. It was so much fun and surreal. I know there is a long road ahead for the US with Portugal (who, after today's 4-0 loss to Germany, aren't looking in the best shape) and Germany still left to play, but hopefully this will quiet some of the haters and help the fan base increase even more back at home.

AHHHHH USA USA USA USA USA I'M SO PUMPED FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD CUP!!!! This is such a crazy and fun experience to have while abroad!! I wish I could be in the crowd for every match with the American Outlaws (AKA our country's best fan base that's going to help establish traditions and build up support over the years), but screaming from Spain has its perks as well!

Time for bed now, seeing as it is 3am my time and class unfortunately still exists. I'll just leave this post with the only thing necessary to think about for the next month:

No comments:

Post a Comment